Central locking CLK Cabrio A209

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

EuroJohnny

Car
CLK 200 Kompressor Cabrio, C class AMG Sport
Has anyone had this same (insane) problem? I know there are are lots of related comments about central locking not working but maybe you've got the answer to this issue. Some months ago went to an appointment, pressed the key fob to lock the car - nothing. Since then have tried to work out the problem but am at a loss. My central locking will not work when the key fob is pressed away from the car. Nothing, Rien, Elzippo. Completely and totally everything else works in the car, absolutely no problem. New batteries in both keys. New battery in the car. The only time the central locking works (with no probs at all) is if I put the key fob 5mm up to the door handle receptor. Lock/unlock, no problem. What's the issue here?

Could be that the ir section of the key is damaged. Is the spare key the same ?

Could be that the ir section of the key is damaged. Is the spare key the same ?
Both keys are in good order and both are used continually. Problem just happened, no lead up to it. CL distance locking just won't work.

I have the same issue with mine - the aerial amplifier behind the dash seems to have failed. The aerials for the central locking and radio are in the windscreen.

Does your radio work>

Radio works and is about as loud as you like.

Does look like a car side issue if both keys are the same. Not sure how you go about testing if it is a reception issue or a control one. I’m guessing star can carry out some diagnosis but you may need a visit to a knowledgeable indie.

Yep, looks like a good indie is the best bet👍

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom