Central locking on my 02' C180 Sportcoupe

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

nei

Hi gurus I have been searching on the internet for a solution and got little help. Wish soneone could shed some light on what's been annoying my for a while. Basically, I have bought a year 2002 C180 Sportcoupe, everything has been amazing apart from the remote lock, the radio control is definitely not functioning as I never managed to lock/unlock from more than 30 cm away from the car, the infrared works occasionally, if I point the key to the receiver next to the driver's door handle, it does lock/unlock sometimes. I found it more likely to respond when the engine is hot, at least it locked more happily after I drove for a while, unlocking from cold in the morning has been a lot less pleasant, over 60% of the time I had to stand next to the car and keep pressing the key for minutes, sometime wiping the receiver with my finger did the trick but I really felt embarressed and have had to use the metal key to lock and unlock. I did take the car to a local dealer and the engineer said it's a know issue, the solution would be a replacement of the rear window(wth???), the engine cable and something else at a cost of 2000+ EUR. I mean c'mon for that money I could have hired someone to rush to the car and open it for me before I approach... and I really cannot appreciate Merc's solution to a known issue. Please, could any one suggest anything or do I just have to live with that because I'm really not spending 2k EUR to fix a bloody lock which, not to mention, is a known issue. Help!!!
icon_cry.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom