Central locking popping open

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

peterchurch

Hi,
I was driving down the road the other day and my central locking popped open (both the doors) :eek: so I locked it and carried on and thought nothing more of it. Then it happened twice yesterday :(

Has anyone else seen this happen ?

Regards,

Peter

Wouldn't that make the lights come on as well though? There is a thing in the user manual that states that the doors will unlock in the event that the car is in a hard enough bump. Could I be tripping this by driving too hard on the bumpy roads ?

peterchurch said:
Wouldn't that make the lights come on as well though? There is a thing in the user manual that states that the doors will unlock in the event that the car is in a hard enough bump. Could I be tripping this by driving too hard on the bumpy roads ?

i think the doors unlock in the event of hazadous driving dont they? ie if your ABS or ESP comes on or something....

SilverSaloon said:
i think the doors unlock in the event of hazadous driving dont they? ie if your ABS or ESP comes on or something....
:eek: busted :D

has never happened to me.

SilverSaloon said:

Yep, well there's some functionality whereby the doors ar eunlocked (& I think the sunroof & windows closed) if there is a violent manoevure. I don't think it would come on with the ABS and it doesn't happen when the traction light comes on ;-)

I have experienced the doors unlocking after hitting a MAJOR pothole, luckily it didn't kill my AMG's but it sure is a shock to see the car unlocking :)

my sprinter locks are a bit dodgy, and the lock needs to be locked three times - it 'feels' like the lock itself is sticky, and the servo is pushing the lock over to 99% of the way - on the first two times it only goes to 90% of the way, and immediately unlocks itself.

maybe the lock is a bit sticky, and a slight bump knocks the lock back to 98% locked, which trips the switch, unlocking the door...

total guess - but a quick squirt of WD40 into the lock cant hurt...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom