Central Locking Problem Solved!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

IMD

Car
1997 SL500
Hi all,

I've been cleaning up my new 230e for the last couple of days and thought I'd investigate the problem with my central locking. The drivers lock was not having any effect on the rest of the car, simply opening or closing that door. On the other hand, if I locked the door from the passenger side, the whole car locked.

At first I expected a vacuum problem, with leaking hoses hidden deep within the car! So, I took the door card panel off and low and behold, the electrical connection to the vacuum pump had been cut. There was some broken glass in the bottom of the door, so I can only imagine that when this was fixed, the wire was damaged. Unfortunately, the last 6 inches of wire are missing, along with the connector, so this will need to be replaced.

I then took the card off of the passenger door, to check what connector was needed. It's shown below (rather fuzzy, but you get the idea!). It's a small cylindrical female 3 pin plug.

Has anyone any idea where I can get such a connector from, apart from raiding a scrap yard. I wonder whether I can order it from someone, such as German & Swedish?

Anyway, it's worth taking a look at the connector if you are having problems. It may have just got disconnected!

Bring on the next problem!

Ian

Attachments

• Central Locking Plug.jpg
    Central Locking Plug.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 104
Thanks Malcolm..I'll head top my local scrappy north of Brighton and see what I can find. Good idea about the passenger side.

Ian

You might be suprised and a dealer might be able to order one for you.

If you look in EPCnet, theres a nice picture of all the wiring, but it doesnt show the part numbers for the door connectors ...

Assuming the connector is the same as in the trunk lock ..

A012 545 83 28 - pin bushing housing (connector shell), rear lid lock
A003 545 06 26 - contacts for above

The pump connector (so look at that if trunk is different), is
A012 545 24 28 - connector shell
A003 545 26 26 are the contacts to go in the connector

R

If you look in EPCnet, theres a nice picture of all the wiring, but it doesnt show the part numbers for the door connectors ...

Assuming the connector is the same as in the trunk lock ..

A012 545 83 28 - pin bushing housing (connector shell), rear lid lock
A003 545 06 26 - contacts for above

The pump connector (so look at that if trunk is different), is
A012 545 24 28 - connector shell
A003 545 26 26 are the contacts to go in the connector

R

Thank Richard, I have some pumps with somes wires attached, I will take a peep in the morning , if there is one the same he can have it.

I would love to have the parts bin that you have Malcolm, have you ever tried to build a complete car from it:eek:

I would love to have the parts bin that you have Malcolm, have you ever tried to build a complete car from it:eek:

I only have electronic boxes and the tools to build a car.

The reason I ask for the old parts now and then is to see if they are repairable. This enables one to give a far better view of the firms that repair these thing, and also enables me to put up a picture up of that part.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom