Central locking SL55

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fastroad

Car
SL55
I have an odd problem with the central locking.

I originally thought it must be the standard issue with the PSE pump needing attention.

I then came to realise the passenger door opens and closes with the remote key but not the drivers door.

When inside the car after opening drivers door with little key, I have noticed the doors auto lock when I drive off and this includes the drivers door but does not reopen if I press the central locking button on the dash.

Has anyone else had this problem or any suggestions on what could be causing this?

Thanks in advance

How's the lighting up signals with the central locking? are they normal, eg 3 times flashing and once for closing down and open, respectively.

It sounds like the driver's door lock is the main issue that needs worth to pay attention?

The lighting signals seem to be fine. 1 flash when unlocking and 3 flashes when locking.

Should I be replacing the drivers lock or is it something loose that I should be looking for ?

does It always lock when you drive off or just sometimes? Also if you open it with the small key then press the remote does it lock?

Always locks when I drive off does not lock with remote and does not open with remote.

Thanks for responding any help would be appreciated.

No worries. That sounds strange if it can always mechanically lock itself when driving off but not via remote... I’d be tempted to say inspect the driver’s door courtesy light switch (usually cheap to replace) for damage assuming this model has it (easy to break on some cars when closing door) as this I believe electronically signals the car if a door is ‘open or closed’ perhaps it’s stuck in closed position which is why when remote is pressed it doesn’t signal the drivers door to lock.

I am back on the weekend and will have this checked out. Thanks once again for the response.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom