Central Locking

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bunny55

Car
W202 Saloon
Facelift W202

Just noticed a strange thing, blip the lock button on the remote and all doors lock as they should.

However the petrol flap doesn't. The handbook says it should, if I blip the locking button on the remote a second time, the petrol flap locks.

Now did MB update the locking system but not the handbook or are there gremlins present.

I bet all facelift W202 owners will now test their central locking!

Graham

Open the fuel flap.
Blip to lock the car… with the flap open.
Spray WD40 or other lubricant on flap locking pin.
Test again.

Dec

Worked a treat

Thank you.

Now all I've got to do is find the spider that keeps setting the alarm off and the car is sorted, well apart from the FM radio reception !!

The alarm fault might be the alarm siren on its way out, common enough fault. Check also the door, boot and bonnet pin switches, that the are working as the should. What year is the car?

Dec

It's a 2000 on a V reg.

If i switch off the interior sensors via the switch, the alarm doesn't go off.

If the interior sensors are left on, we get the alarm going off, sometimes after a few hours, other times after a few minutes.

That eliminates a faulty siren then, wonder if a video camera set up, pointing at the interior sensors for an hour, maybe the said spider might reveal itself.

Dec

Had the same problem with a 'Petrol Flap' not locking and short injection of WD40, as advised by DEC, into bolt mechanism hole sorted problem out; it took a day or so to operate every time but now OK. Also, drivers door lock was not operating central locking but now working OK since petrol flap problem resolved. Thanks very much DEC.

(P.S. Pushing on jammed petrol flap and operating central locking at the same time allowed flap to open. Obviously operating emergency release mechanism, located inside to right of boot, will do a better job if really jammed.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom