central locking

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

robert.farmer

Car
the only car is a Merc
Hi people, wondering if anyone can help, am having trouble with central locking, ever since i unlocked the car from the tailgate, everytime i turn the ignition off the doors lock,has anyone else had this problem. (w124 estate):confused:

bizarre question robert,

What position did you leave the tailgate lock in when you removed your keys?

there are a couple of choices - or at least there are on ours,

permanently locked/unlocked regardless of the central locking or
lock/unlock with the central locking.

Maybe just unlocking all the doors, getting the key in the right position in the rear door then locking with one of the fronts will cure it.

Not sure if this applies to Mercs, we used to run an old Rover, if the central locking got out of sync with itself there were two methods of resetting it, one was a master unlock (hidden well under the dashboard and supposedly only known about by service departments who charged £50 for the oh so time consuming job of pressing it) or by disconnecting the battery whilst all the doors were open and unlocked (this method also resets our Peugeot 405 estates c/locking).

As i said, i'm not sure if any of this will help you/work on the vacuum assisted system but they are worth a try if all else fails

Andy

just been to unlock car, all 4 doors unlocked but tailgate didn't,so unlocked with key, started car, switched off and all seems well(until it happens again) Thanks Andy, Did you get my message about Bexhill

Thanks Andy, looking forward to it , will let you when. Regards Rob

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom