Central Locking

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Motorvating

Car
CLK 230 Cabriolet
Hi,

Just come back from holiday to find my car with a flat battery. Had the recovery jump start the car but now find I have an issue with central locking.

Fob will:
Lock doors - Fob red LED visible
Unlock boot - Fob red LED visible
Won't unlock doors - No fob LED visible

I can unlock doors from dash switch and from emergency key. Can't find spare fob to test further.

My gut instinct tells me the fob circuit board is going faulty, but would love to be proved wrong with a cheap fix :eek:

Hi,

Just come back from holiday to find my car with a flat battery. Had the recovery jump start the car but now find I have an issue with central locking.

Fob will:
Lock doors - Fob red LED visible
Unlock boot - Fob red LED visible
Won't unlock doors - No fob LED visible

I can unlock doors from dash switch and from emergency key. Can't find spare fob to test further.

My gut instinct tells me the fob circuit board is going faulty, but would love to be proved wrong with a cheap fix :eek:

I had all sorts of issues with key...

Sometimes lock button wouldn't work and unlock would. Some days couldn't open car at all with key..

Looked into a new key @ £200 however glad to say all was solved by simply getting 2 fresh batteries, (£3)

The simple things sometimes work :D

Might as well try? If not look into a repair...

Cheers

Sounds like the unlocking button switch inside the remote has failed and it may need replacement or re-soldering to the PCB
You can see the 3 buttons in the picture below. Presume this is your type of fob?

Dec
46322d1108918582-case-your-smart-key-broke-key2.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cINrKin06ts

[YOUTUBE]cINrKin06ts[/YOUTUBE]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom