central locking

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Webby

Car
E220cdi Elegance facelift
Can anyone tell me why sometimes when I use my remote to unlock the car, my windows open a little(and occasionaly the roof). Quite annoying if it's raining,where is the pump situated for the locking system? Renewed the remote battery recently but makes no difference.
Just tried holding the button down but nothing happened other than the doors unlocking, which is how it's alawys been, so I guess I must have the early version.(1993-C200)

Last edited:
Don't know if your car has the same features as the MB Security System fitted to later cars, but that is a standard feature if you hold down the unlock button after the doors have unlocked - so perhaps the remote button is sticking / worn out ?

<<(Moving to Electronics)>>

S.

Thanks Sym, not sure of that i'll do a check. Forgot to mention that sometimes I have to give three or four attempts to get windows and roof to close. The doors lock but the windows/roof don't always close. In fact got to the car this morning and hadn't noticed last night that the roof hadn't closed from tilt and it rained but nothing got wet thankfully. Do you think the pump might need looking at, could there be a leak in the tubing causing a slight loss in pressure?I don't know where these items are,do you know where the tubes are routed?
P.S. Sorry I posted in wrong thread.:rolleyes:

I wasnt aware the early models had a function to open the windows from the remote?Have you got an aftermarket alarm system fitted?

The system is a mercedes alarm as fitted from new.
It does'nt have a facility for opening the windows from the remote,this is happening but should'nt. They just drop a little sometimes when the car is unlocked by remote. The biggest hastle is having to make a few attempts to close and of leaving a window or the roof partialy open if you forget to check each time.Hope someone has some ideas.

Last edited:
all preface W202's with the flip key are able to open and close the windows from the remote, this is a MB feature not a feature of the Alarm.

The Alarm which even though came installed from new it was not fitted by mercedes themselves all the UK spec cars were contracted out to have the alarms fitted by the uk dealerships...

OK Let me try this one. Does anybody know how the central locking works on a W202 (1993). Are there elec. motors on door,boot locks and roof?

Now I know how mine works maybe this might help.
On most models,only the front door locks have switch's to operate the central locking with vacum operated actuators to lock and unlock the doors.The control module could be playing up hence opening the windows and roof slightly when unlocking.The control module and the vacum pump are located in the boot on the right hand side behind all the covers.

Thanks pluggers.Will be diving into the boot over the weekend.

Try disconnecting the comfort vacuum pump for a minute or two as this may reset it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom