Centre and side mirrors in permanent anti-dazzle mode

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

V6GBJ

Car
GLC 43
Both the centre and driver's side mirrors on recently acquired GLC 43 go to grey anti dazzle mode, even in daylight! The effect is not quite permanent but really annoying not to get a clear view in daylight, especially from the centre mirror.
Has anyone had a similar experience and found a cure?

It could be one of the sensors has failed in the interior mirror (which controls it all) - theres a sensor on the back (which if dark ,turns it on) and a sensor on the glass (which you can see a round hole) which when lit (and back dark) causes it to dim. If the sensor on the back is blocked from light (by hanging something on the mirror for instance ... that would cause the behaviour you are seeing

R

It could be one of the sensors has failed in the interior mirror (which controls it all) - theres a sensor on the back (which if dark ,turns it on) and a sensor on the glass (which you can see a round hole) which when lit (and back dark) causes it to dim. If the sensor on the back is blocked from light (by hanging something on the mirror for instance ... that would cause the behaviour you are seeing

R
Many thanks Richard, I must take a proper look

R
Problem solved! It turned out that the dealer from whom I bought the car had put a sticker with (I assume) a stock number over the sensor on the front side of the mirror. Removing the sticker returned things to normal! Many thanks again Richard

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom