Centre computer display

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Chrislane

Car
Mercedes GL 420 cdi
Hi, I haven't driven my GL420 (2008) since Christmas because it needed a ISM (intelligent servo module)
The battery completely drained and I put a battery charger on the car and left it for a number of days. I found the battery charger had burnt out and the battery had very little power in it. I bought another charger and after about an hour, the charger smelt of burning, very hot and making a loud buzzing noise!
I removed the battery and found that I had cooked the battery because the red ventilation plugs were still in place!
I bought a new battery, fitted it and started the car with no problem.
However, the central computer display(between the speedo & rev dials) is totally black.
Can anyone suggest a remedy? Does it have a separate fuse? Could it be that it is run by the small auxiliary battery?
Any ideas guys or gals?

Hi, I haven't driven my GL420 (2008) since Christmas because it needed a ISM (intelligent servo module)
The battery completely drained and I put a battery charger on the car and left it for a number of days. I found the battery charger had burnt out and the battery had very little power in it. I bought another charger and after about an hour, the charger smelt of burning, very hot and making a loud buzzing noise!
I removed the battery and found that I had cooked the battery because the red ventilation plugs were still in place!
I bought a new battery, fitted it and started the car with no problem.
However, the central computer display(between the speedo & rev dials) is totally black.
Can anyone suggest a remedy? Does it have a separate fuse? Could it be that it is run by the small auxiliary battery?
Any ideas guys or gals?
****Update****
It seems the computer is working because I can see it VERY dim, the rest of the cluster lights are working, I've tried pressing the three buttons at the top of the cluster screen but they don't seem to be doing anything to increase the brightness, so I'm thinking there might be a bulb that's gone behind the cluster?
Does anyone know how to remove the cluster to change the bulb?

Any help?
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom