Centre console panel broken help

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

wschang

Car
B200 Turbo
Hi all,
I am new to here.
I have just bought a used 2006 year's B200 Tubro, the centre console panel and air vent are broken. From the picture below you can see the centre console panel has serious scratches and the bottom corner of the air vent has a crack.
I am thinking to install a new audio system with navigator to replace current centre consle so it is not a problem for me. For the air vents, does anyone know how I should repair or replace with new one? Should I go to MB workshop to order new part or I should just go to garage and order an OEM part to replace it? Will the prices be very different for these two options?

Any thogut welcome...

Thank you

2012-10-17%2014.07.53.jpg

Last edited:
A smaller pic would be good.

For the airvent it's going to be a Mercedes part only, you may get lucky on ebay or via a breaker.

You should be able to fit it yourself.

Are you installing COMAND?

Thanks A-AvantGrade,

I just want to install a cheaper navigator head unit, COMAND is too expensive for me.
Anyone knows where I can find a breaker? or how much the Mercedes airvent is going to cost me?

looks like the damage was caused by someone trying to steal it.

Hi folks,
Thanks for comments so far!
After spending few days here, I have decided to to wrap my air vent by carbon sheet (this is really inspired by some beautiful photos here!), and change my audio 20 to COMAND (thanks to A-AvantGrade, I realise I can easily find unit on ebay with reasonable price). So all should be sorted soon.... hopefully.
Now here are some questions and will appreciate any input.
(1) I have found this unit (the link) on ebay, will it suit my 2006 B200?
(2) If it does, where I should get someone to install it? I am reluctant to do it myself, should I just go to garage to ask them to do it? or I have to go to local MB dealer to ask them doing it? Will it cost me a fortune if I bring it to MB dealer?
(3) what is the difference between NTG 2.5 and 2.0 if installed in my car? Are they equally compatible?

Any comment on this unit is also welcome!

Thanks

Last edited:
Alfie or Richard are the guys you need to speak to. Also take a look at comand.co.uk.

As for which unit to purchase. Then it has to be NTG 2.5 rather than the NTG 2.0. The 2.5 is the more up to date version with built in Hard Drive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom