Centre console tray repair for E-Class

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

chammo

Car
E350 CDI S
I've an E class coupe 2011 - the central tray that can be retracted is scratched to hell due to my mobile sliding around on it - any clues on how best to repair this?

thanks

Hi chammo

I have a 2012 e class and had to have a new screen put in because of a fault to it
anyway when doing this they scratched my timber center console, i think they done some ice skating on it. what they done was to sand it down and re varnish it you wouldn't notice any scratches now.

My tray is ok because the phone has a case with a rubber lip around the facia so I just put the phone on there face down and it doesn't slide around.
My issue is though just to the left of the sliding tray, the edging of the console is flaking away!? Not sure how that has happened as nothing can touch it. It's like the console has some kind of rubber coating and underneath that is just black plastic.

Have noticed this on a few later C class (2007 on) centre consoles/trim areas, seems that its a bit of issue seen through the range. Interesting informative post below. At least it mentions what chemicals / domestic products lead to it peeling more ! (suncream got a mention!) so that these can be avoided.

Interesting reading here, although I cannot offer a solution.

Black on middle console peeling - MBWorld.org Forums

Steve

Took my car in today to show Merc the trim and they are replacing this under warranty :D
Car is 14 months old.

Attachments

• photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    91.5 KB · Views: 28
  • photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    118.8 KB · Views: 29
They don't make 'em like they used to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom