Ceramic Coating

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mat B

Car
E55 EC800
Hi all

I'm looking at getting my induction and potentially some headers wrapped or ceramic coated to reduce heat.
Can anyone recommend somewhere to get this done or products to try

many thanks

Zircotec in Witney. Used them for a few bike systems.

Hi Mat B, for your new cold air system is there any way you could data log a before and after what ever you decide to do.

My thoughts would be a heat reflective wrap, it all depends if you want it to look the part or perform the part as it really does look great eye candy from the photos you uploaded to your album.

ginger

Zircotec in Witney. Used them for a few bike systems.

They look like the guys to talk to. Will be interested in the outcome Matt.

I recall a pal of mine getting a six branch manifold done (in white), from memory it was £400 and there may have been vat on top.

Last edited:
Their full-colour coatings are quite expensive, but the primary black is more reasonable.

Zircotec are the ones to speak to, you get what you pay for.

Get an oil leak and the Exhaust wrap will catch on fire.

If I'm not mistaken, Camcoat is just a ceramic "paint", rather than an applied plasma coating.

Interesting. According to the video, Zircotec basically halves manifolds temperature which greatly reduces radiant temperature in the engine bay. A quick call revealed that their top performance coating for V8 is £500 something + VAT which is not cheap but if it helps reducing the IAT, I'm in. Group buy anyone?

[YOUTUBE HD]KdsAtU3VzAM[/YOUTUBE HD]

Right, I spoke to Zircotec again and they might be interested in offering a discount, depending on the number of people interested in this mod.

Also, I've got the price slightly wrong. Here how it goes for one-off order:

£326 for primary black
£466 for performance white
£536 for performance any other colour
All prices exclude VAT.

The difference between the first 2 is in performance. Last 2 - in aesthetics.
Turnaround time 10 days.

Let's see if we can make a list and I can go back to Zircotec and see what kind of a deal we can all get.

Thank you for all your replies.

I've had sent some pictures off to both companies of the parts I want done and will see what they come back with.
Paul's given me a lot of advice so so will see what way to go and report back.

I don't currently have a data logger as I'm not get with technology. Can anyone recommend a easy to use set up for an apple

Many thanks

Get an oil leak and the Exhaust wrap will catch on fire.

No, spray oil on a hot exhaust the oil catches fire, spray oil on a exhaust with wrap the oil catches fire not the wrap.

However there are lots of different ways car fires can start be it fuel leaks, electrical issues, poor maintenance or design, mechanical failure, and so on.

Correct installation and periodic inspection of a wrap should take place if fitting, funnily enough what you are doing is lowering engine bay temperatures lowering the risk of fire.

Right, I spoke to Zircotec again and they might be interested in offering a discount, depending on the number of people interested in this mod.

Also, I've got the price slightly wrong. Here how it goes for one-off order:

£326 for primary black
£466 for performance white
£536 for performance any other colour
All prices exclude VAT.

The difference between the first 2 is in performance. Last 2 - in aesthetics.
Turnaround time 10 days.

Let's see if we can make a list and I can go back to Zircotec and see what kind of a deal we can all get.

Ziroctec probably wonder what on earth has happened as I spoke with them too this morning! I spoke with Ian who gave me a guide price as Alex has said of £326 for headers and £200 for quad exhaust tips. I explained I would probably be looking at Kleemann headers so have since emailed him some pics so he can see the difference to stock headers. He is coming back to me with a price.

So Alex I could be in for this for Kleemann's plus exhaust tips if we can get a good deal:thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom