Ceramic coating

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

E280wilson

Car
Bmw 435d
Booked the car in to have a ceramic coating applied. Feeling a little unsure as if any mistakes are made its not like it can be just rubbed off.
I was thinking of asking him to also coat the wood interior as I've noticed it scratches very easy which I'm not impressed with.

I suspect it rubs on and it rubs off.

I have yet to see any of these 'magic' coatings to be much better than a simple wax polish.

Correctly applied ceramic coating will outlast 'conventional' LSPs hands down.

Which coating are you having applied?

my friend had it applied on the exhaust of his harley it was shipped away and cost 500 it reduced the heat by 25% and very tough

my friend had it applied on the exhaust of his harley it was shipped away and cost 500 it reduced the heat by 25% and very tough

Not sure it would be the same:dk:

Tony.

Think we are talking two different ceramic coatings here. I agree with sp!ke on the ones that replace LSP all smoke and mirrors sure they last longer but how hard is it to put on a coat of wax? IMHO ceramic coatings have no real benefit but carry major cost

For exhaust ceramic coating I had my M3 done looked awesome and reduced under bonnet temperature dramatically and can highly recommend

Sent from my iPhone using MBClub UK

Last edited:
I suspect it rubs on and it rubs off.

I have yet to see any of these 'magic' coatings to be much better than a simple wax polish.

I agree with sp!ke on the ones that replace LSP all smoke and mirrors sure they last longer but how hard is it to put on a coat of wax? IMHO ceramic coatings have no real benefit but carry major cost

These points of view may have been ok 5-6 years ago, but now they are really out of date. There is tons of real world test results, use cases and thousands of personal references to prove otherwise.

The coatings work to protect to a degree and their longevity has been proven. Like everything there are different quality of products on the market, so choose wisely and the preparation and application does need to be spot on for products like crystal serum from gtechniq as it needs a wet sand to remove. Products like C1 are more forgiving and will compound polish out.use one of the approved detailers and you should have no problems.

The ceramic coatings are not the full answer as they don't have the hydrophobic properties of a good sealant or wax. So they are used in conjunction with a topcoat of a good wax or a sealant like Exo/C2.

For the interior you can use products like C1/C4 to stop light marring/scratches on the lacquered wood inserts.

I hope this helps.

Cheers

Steve

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom