Ceramic Torpedo Type Fuse

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

S11YBM

Car
83 500SL, 84 500SEC AMG, 84 500SEC, 84 500SE AMG, 97 CL500, 04 CL500
Any one recommend the best place to buy Ceramic Torpedo Type Fuses? I hear copper ones are the best, but I can't seem to find them.

Most of ebay ones don't look like copper... I did buy a set from ebay, but the quality is utter rubbish!

I'm Distributor for

Durite - UK's leading brand in auto electrical parts

If you ring them i'm sure they will be able to point you to your nearest supplier

Main Dealers do sell brass ones. Or try searching for brass ones on ebay. You can still get them and they are not massively expensive. The sh!te ones are cheapies on ebay that blow just by looming at them.

MBCluster.com Mercedes W140 Instrument Cluster Repair Homepage

Thanks for the quick replies! I'll check both suggested places

I had some fuses from Halfords, blew straight away, ordered some from Amazon and there ok. https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00905HE32/?tag=amazon0e9db-21

It's just a lottery, I heard some cheapo chinese jobbies had entered the supply chain.

I know brass/copper are popular in the US, but I've not had any problems with aluminium fuses. None of the UK suppliers seem to stock the brass/copper ones.

I know this is very old post - but just in case anyone stumbles on it looking for decent 25mm torpedo type fuses - this company seems to still have stocks of ceramic with copper\brass fuse blade:

Actually no more expensive than the Chinese crap ones available on ebay. I just bought 40 for under a tenner.

Or search boat chandlers or “marine” use fuses, they will be brass/copper as they are better in marine environment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom