Ceramic wax any one tried this ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

optimusprime

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Mercedes W124 260E M103
Purchased a tin of this wax for my car .Any body else used it yet . Must say it works very well on mine .The rain beads up like no other polish i have ever used ,and i have used some in 50 years or more. But it is a little expensive at £6 a small tin Screenshot 2022-05-27 at 18-35-39 ULTIMA Ceramic Wax Sio2 High Gloss Shine Car Detailing Coati...png

I still use FinishKare 1000P, must be over 10 years now. I've tried all sorts of others in that time too, but always end up going back to old faithful!

I've not used that brand , but I did try mixing Poorboy's world black hole with autoglym ceramic spray , half a bottle to half a bottle , rather than 2 separate applications , I now do it in 1 ,. Results are pretty good tbh.

Did you just plaster it on? Any polishing or decontamination?

It lasts very well but you really do need to decontaminate and clean the paint properly before putting it on and itll last much longer / give better beading

No I did per instructions and washed the car with shampoo . And then hose the car down, and then dry the car off , and wax it , wait 5 mins . .Nothing special about after all it is only a wax. Thats why i purchased it .

trou8ble is if its got proper ceramic properties it will seal in any imperfections as well, as a wax it will smooth the surface and bead well for a while but a true ceramic will last years with only minimal upkeep, I did mine last year with a quick polish and then coating as the paint was fairly fresh following a respray after it was vandalised, however this year (when it stops bloody raining) it will get the full treatment, decon, clay, machine polish, wax and then ceramic over the top and it should last years, did my Wifes 3 years ago and it still sheets water off when washed.

This is an update on the poilish. So after 8 weeks its still doing a fantastic job, i have never ever had polish that last as long as this one, after 50 years of cleaning my own cars . . I am just about to order the next size up of Ultima Ceramic Wax with added SI02.The next size up is £30 the one i had to try out, was small like the old Vaseline tins just about covers one car .

This is an update on the poilish. So after 8 weeks its still doing a fantastic job, i have never ever had polish that last as long as this one, after 50 years of cleaning my own cars . . I am just about to order the next size up of Ultima Ceramic Wax with added SI02.The next size up is £30 the one i had to try out, was small like the old Vaseline tins just about covers one car .
How much for £30 . 200 MLS ???

OneForTheRoad Do not know i am waiting for a message from the vendor on Ebay , just been to order a large tin, but all i can see are the small tins of 30ml now . I am waiting for a message from the seller ..i will let you know when i do .

OneForTheRoad Do not know i am waiting for a message from the vendor on Ebay , just been to order a large tin, but all i can see are the small tins of 30ml now . I am waiting for a message from the seller ..i will let you know when i do .
£23 for 100ml is only one I can find .

To be fair if the product lasts, even at £6 for a small tin it'll be worth it. :)

Especially if a coat lasts well and is nice and easy to apply.

Gyeon make a ceramic wax that i have heard a lot of good things about from friends that have used it

I have only used Ultima that opened my eyes . Still beeding up after rain and it was put on 5 weeks back

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom