Ceramic wax

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

OliverLloyd96

Car
2004 w203 C220 CDI (sold) 2002 w163 ml500
Hi guys,

Was wondering if any of you have tried out any ceramic waxes? I've only just heard of them, noticed the Meguiars hybrid ceramic wax for sale online, and was wondering if they're any good compared to normal waxes? would it last as long as a regular wax?

Meguiar's Hybrid Ceramic Wax 768ml

Read g the description, sounds like hype. Not tried it though so can't offer any better opinion! ;)
When I apply ceramic coatings, the paint (or lacquer to be precise) must first be prepared correctly in order for the job to be done properly.
There's no quick way to do this.

Decided to give the stuff a go. Washed the car, clayed, polish then applied the wax. I don't usually use spray on wax but I thought id give this a go. You don't even rub the wax on the car, you just spray it on then use a pressure washer to spread it round and then wash it off, was amazed how much the water was beading! What will be interesting now is to see how long the protection lasts. A mid day car wash is one of the perks of being a student haha

IMG_1068
IMG_1066
IMG_1079
IMG_1058
IMG_1057
IMG_1079
XIHW1857

Doesn't look to bad for a 15 year old car!

My car was treated with a Gtechniq ceramic coating by a professional detailer before I took delivery of the car.

I use a similair product all the time to wash my cars, its called gyeon bathe+ (dont forget about the +) which is a product you use instead on car shampoo so you add it to a bucket of water and wash the car as normal, every now and then i top it off with gyeon q2m wet coat for added protection. The only word of warning i will give when using these products is do not apply them when its sunny as it dries out and leaves a residue thats hard to remove

Looks good :)

Yep, this is my choice of ceramic gloop! ;)

It was definitely worth the cost, the car is just so easy to clean as the dirt just cannot bond to the car. A simple hose down with the pressure washer takes 90% of the dirt off before it even gets washed.

Effort that's totally justified and certainly makes all the difference. To many people they look at a shiny car whether it's detailed or just been down to the local car wash and just see it as clean. A properly detailed car definitely stands out.

As for the hybrid ceramic waxes I'm intrigued but not used one as yet. I have recently got back into using the Dodo Juice range, forgot just how easy they are to use so thought I'd go for some Supernatural Hybrid. It's part sealant, part wax so intrigued to see how long it lasts. I still have a pot of their normal Supernatural wax which is great but if the longevity is increased I'm all up for that.

QBc7X2S.jpg

I'm happy with 3-6 months from two coats of a wax but then I top up with something like Wet Coat or Red Mist which adds another layer.

It was definitely worth the cost, the car is just so easy to clean as the dirt just cannot bond to the car. A simple hose down with the pressure washer takes 90% of the dirt off before it even gets washed.

To be fair - my (white) car has Carlack products on it and a hose down does the same thing -

My take is that the gloss a ceramic gives is the big plus (and it doesn't need to be retreated every 6 months) but my 'products' only cost about £40 and will last a couple of years treating the car every 6 months.

The ceramic coating still needs to be washed to get the car properly clean and (I believe) you have to use their maintenance products (on a regular basis) to maintain your guarantee.

The ceramic coating still needs to be washed to get the car properly clean and (I believe) you have to use their maintenance products (on a regular basis) to maintain your guarantee
Not true as far as the offering from Lexus is concerned. Yes they do supply a bag of branded wash products but the guarantee does not require one uses them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom