chain tensioner

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

japimport

Car
mercedes c200 sport,mercedes c200 elegance.
hi there im going to changemy timing chain tensioner on my w202 95 has anyone else done this and igot the tensioner from mercedes it was 80 euro i know i could do it i just need some does and donts thanks i have the haynes manual on standby

well i have a rattle on startup for a second or 2 sometimes but its being playing on my mind so i brought the car to 2 mechanics and they said there is nothing to worry about unless its rattling all the time so now since they said its ok so i figured ill put new tensioner in as it was never done before just to see if it elminate the rattles i get some times do you think im wasting my time

no im the one that said you should change it so will be interested to hear the outcome.

oh sorry about that lol ill deffinetly let yous know the outcome id never think of doing this before but with everyones help i got here im confident i can do it thanks to yous im going to do it later when rain eases off ill keep yous posted thanks again

attempted to do thechange and i havent got the size in my ratchet set so ill have to pick one up in halfords anyone know what size it is thanks (sorry i mean the bolt not the allen key size)

Last edited:
Crankshaft pulley bolt 27mm. If its an allen key socket then 17mm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom