Change Fuel Filter W212 E220 (2012)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lmijde

Car
B Class (w245) & E Class (W212)
Hi All,
I am considering changing my fuel filter but I need some advice. I don't have access to Mercedes part numbers but I have managed to find the different filters on the Mann catalog so I will have to use the Mann part number to try and explain my questions.

1./ When you change the fuel filter is the system "self priming" or do I need some manual priming tool ? If so can someone please point me to the correct tool ?

2./ In terms of the filter required, based on visual inspection the filter I need from the Mann catalog is WK 820/17 with integrated heating. My question is if it is possible to buy a filter without the heating element and move the one in my existing filter into the replacement filter ?
Looking at the Mann catalog I can see a filter "WK 820/2 x" which seems to be the same filter just with a hole for the heating element.
So the question is if it is possible to switch over the heating element or not. If someone has done this move of heating element would you have any tips on removing it or even some pictures on how to do it ?
To buy the filter with the heating element already included is expensive

3./ In terms of the clips on the fuel lines, they seem to be "CLIC" type or maybe "CLIC-R" I'm not sure. Has anyone replaced these with the good old Jubilee Clips ? Do you think it would be OK to use Jubilee Clips to replace what is there now ? If this is not possible where can I buy these CLIC clips or do I have to go to Mercedes for them ?

Any support would be greatly appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom