Change in pitch of engine sound

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

zishan03

Car
C200 Sports Coupe
Hi, I recently got my car back from Mercedes. They fixed two problems:

1) Mainly when pulling off from a hill the car would make a clicking sound - they said that the differential is attached to the body and it has some plates behind it, one of which was loose and moving so they tigthened that as the fix.

2) When I moved off in first gear and got to around 2000rpm the engine would make a scratching sound - they said the variable valve timing unit was loose and shaking/moving so they had to fix that on properly, in the meanwhile they replaced a "o-ring" within the unit as it expanded in "work-shop temperatures"

Since I got the car back, the sound of the engine is a much higher pitch. I'm no expert but it sounds like the super charger. For some reason is is alot louder or working harder or something. Does anyone know how any of the above could be related or what could be the cause of the higher pitch. It sounds like the super charger is working alot more, like it starts to work at lower revs and can be heard at an annoying pitch when just "cruising" along the road.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Zishan

I have a 02reg C200 Coupe by the way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom