Change of address info please

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Braincrank

Car
Mercedes 200E
Hello all !
So we found a place and are moving in two weeks (-:
I just had a look on the dvla website but can't seem to find any info about changing address ....
Any info would be great (-:
Thanks

Have a look on the V5 registration document, I think it's all on there.

Remember to change your drivers licence too. If you still have the paper counterpart, it's on that.

For the car(s) you send back the V5 with new address and the new V5 will be delivered to the new address in days - I have just done this.
Licence can be done online using their version of your passport photo apparently.

Bear in mind that they will **** it up like they do for 90% of their transactions.

And the second V5 with correct spelling of your name will arrive another few days later.

Their most famous trick is to put you and your new address down as a new keeper, putting another owner on!

Seems odd that you change the owner online (did it recently and it worked fine) but not your own address.

I changed my driving licence address online last Friday, new licence turned up Tuesday.
Still waiting for my v5s to come back

I changed my driving licence address online last Friday, new licence turned up Tuesday.
Still waiting for my v5s to come back

Shameful isn't it?

What if you needed them in a hurry?

Dvla can be a minefield with paper licence/address change combo.Free?£20?Free?£20?Free?£20?Free?£20?Free?£20?
Def £20
Cheque returned.It was free

There's no such thing as a paper licence anymore.
And it's free, definitely.

It's worthless, only good for lighting fires.

I've got one also....last traffic offence SP30 in '94.

No need to change it...it's still valid, tho' I've now had a change of address, so will need to change therefore acquiring new 'plastic' one !!!

Did mine online recently. It was a breeze. Not a sheet of tree in sight.

It's worthless, only good for lighting fires.
Not true.

The paper counterpart is now worthless, but a paper only (i.e. issued prior to photocard licences) licence is perfectly valid. I still have mine, issued in 1999 when I last moved house.

It caused total confusion to the Spanish police at a random roadside stop last year, but they clearly concluded that it was best filed in the "problem too difficult" pile and I was quickly on my way again :D

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom