Change of wheels

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RyanMc888

Car
Vito
Hi, very new to this site so hi everyone.. A quick 1 does anyone know if I change the wheels on my vito 2016 from 16" to 19" will I lose the pressure sensors in the tyres that tell me when I have loss of pressure in 1 of my tyres?

No idea......but having your full address under your Avatar is not the best Idea. I'd delete that if I were you and just put your town or city.
Oh and Welcome!!

That's some jump in size there. You might need that fruit.....

Do you load it up?
Your ride quality is most likely to reduce considerably.

Reactions: m80
That's some jump in size there. You might need that fruit.....

Do you load it up?
Your ride quality is most likely to reduce considerably.
Yea the actual wheel size is bigger but the overall diameter of the wheel & tyre isn't so much.
Its never overloaded no. Not half the payload 95% of the time.
You think the ride quality will lessen? Really? Why is that?

Bigger wheels mean lower profile tyre to maintain the rolling diameter within sensible limits .
Lower profile tyre means less flex in the sidewall meaning less cushioning effect and potentially worse ride quality.
Plus easier to bend a rim in one of the moon-crater type potholes that seem to exist everywhere on UK roads these days.

From what I've experienced of the roads down there I would be tempted to go the other way on wheel diameter.

The ride in a Vito is harsh enough, 19's would be a bad idea imho. But every one to their own.

I reduced the wheels on my CLK from 17 to 16 inch, not much difference in ride.
Tyres cheaper, last longer and less likely to aquaplane when worn.

Less of a side wall in the tyre does make a difference in ride comfort.
You'll also increase the un
suspended weight

If you do end up changing the rims make sure the ones you get (and the tyres) are rated for the van's max. gross weight ... this is mandatory, regardless of what you actually carry. Also check your insurer will be OK with it - some will only cover completely stock vehicles and aren't happy with mods. of any kind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom