Change parking sensors W212 in minutes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

OM651

Car
W212
How you change rear parking sensors with no tools needed really. Mine model got the trailer hitch so it’s only possible to change the utter ones so it may depend what kind of gear you got. Bracket was broken so need to remove the bumper and do proper fix. This was hard to video good shots did the best I could with camera and iPhone. Going to investigate if it’s possible to change the front ones in the same way.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Here you can see why it’s important to wash it underside not doing that in few months and full with soaked sand and dirt. Seems that some sensor guess the old model only has silicone protection and after time it goes bad, the newer model got plastic cover.

I changed the rear detectors on my 2006 W212 by just lying down under the back bumper... didn't need to remove the bumper.

I changed the rear detectors on my 2006 W212 by just lying down under the back bumper... didn't need to remove the bumper.

2009 W212 or 2006 W211 or 2009 W211 ?😀

Sorry.. Might have been 2008 W212

Sorry.. Might have been 2008 W212

The W212 was first registerd 2009 I'm nearly sure.

You're quite right... Very sorry...I got mixed up as I also had a W212. Re: changing the sensors on my old car, it was definitely a W211. I just bumped it up the curb so that it was raised high enough for me to lie down underneath and unclip the sensor. Sorry again for the mix up.

You're quite right... Very sorry...I got mixed up as I also had a W212. Re: changing the sensors on my old car, it was definitely a W211. I just bumped it up the curb so that it was raised high enough for me to lie down underneath and unclip the sensor. Sorry again for the mix up.

No need to apologize, I often get mixed up with the different model numbers. I also have a W212 and W211, well it's a S211 to be specific lol 👍. The sensors are nearly all faulty on our S211 estate. It's been that way ever since we purchased it. 2 in the rear and 3 up front according to my icarsoft tool. Replacing all the sensors would out way the cost of the car to be fair. It would cost about 300 quid near enough to replace I would imagine. To have them colour coded.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom