changed ic pump today

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

smoothcoupe

Car
MERCEDES E55K-2001 AUDI S8-MERCEDES 300CE 24V SPORTLINE
I changed ic pump on the E55 today the new unit is the bosch 10. Car now feels a whole lot more responsive, to be honest i find it difficult keeping the rear end from dancing when setting of quickly ( any ideas on keeping the rear from spinning) im yet to try it with traction off!!!. But anyway, fitting the pump was a breeze thanks to savman for the advice. All in all it took around 30 mins start to finish. Im wondering what this is going to be like after pulley n remap. I may driveca couple of days and then bleed system again.

Do you have a LSD fitted?

I recently had a wavetrek LSD fitted and I find the traction away from a standing start 100% better than with a standard differential :thumb:

im yet to try it with traction off!!!.

Watch out for the ditch/tree/other road user/telegraph pole...or worse pedestrian.

If you want to try it with it off, my advice find a private off road area with enough room first.

Trust me I am a brilliant driver with it on:D

Glad to hear that its a simple job, I need to change mine as well, where did you get your pump from?

My first priority was LSD (fitted), now the IC pump is next :D

I got it from mb leeds. Cost 177 plus vat with my trade discount.. but certainly makes a difference. My old one must have been running weak.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom