Changed interior to AMG now air bag light won't reset

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Charhan

Car
C280 sport
Hi, first time Mercedes-Benz C280 w204 owner so be gentle.
The previous owner changed the front and rear seats to AMG seats. Along with door cards, so controls are on the door with memory seat settings.
When he I bought the car the air bag light was on (got a good deal so wasn't particularly bothered) had the codes read today and the air bag fault is on due to the front seats having no head rest restraints like a standard interior. Apparently these have sensors in to protect your head and neck when in an accident.
So my question is, can I get this light to go out in any way as it won't go through an MOT with the air bag light on?
The fault won't reset as there are no sensors in the AMG seats. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

TIA

Hi, first time Mercedes-Benz C280 w204 owner so be gentle.
The previous owner changed the front and rear seats to AMG seats. Along with door cards, so controls are on the door with memory seat settings.
When he I bought the car the air bag light was on (got a good deal so wasn't particularly bothered) had the codes read today and the air bag fault is on due to the front seats having no head rest restraints like a standard interior. Apparently these have sensors in to protect your head and neck when in an accident.
So my question is, can I get this light to go out in any way as it won't go through an MOT with the air bag light on?
The fault won't reset as there are no sensors in the AMG seats. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

TIA
Sounds like you need the correct option code for AMG seats added to your car and then it recoded.

Could be a new SRS module without the headrest inputs unless you are really lucky and the unused outputs can be coded out.

Hi
As Alfie has said, you need to find out the option code for the seats (from another AMG with the same seats), get the data card for you're car updated on Vdoc with that option code and then plug the car in with online STAR (Main dealer or good indy) and update the control unit software.

Hi
As Alfie has said, you need to find out the option code for the seats (from another AMG with the same seats), get the data card for you're car updated on Vdoc with that option code and then plug the car in with online STAR (Main dealer or good indy) and update the control unit software.
Hello Andy, Im really very new on mercedez user and i have the same situation as was explained before, by the way is there any video or any way that i can contact you. Im in NYC. Thanks

Hello Andy, Im really very new on mercedez user and i have the same situation as was explained before, by the way is there any video or any way that i can contact you. Im in NYC. Thanks

Your local Mercedes dealer can help with this. Ask for their master technician.

Your local Mercedes dealer can help with this. Ask for their master technician.
Thank you so much for you help.

An alternative would be to find the wires that SHOULD go to the neck restraint system and install a resistor of the correct size. This would mean that resistance values would be what the car is expecting and no fault light would be turned on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom