Changed my C43 wing today

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Justin1600

MB Enthusiast
Car
C43 AMG
Today cracked on with changing the drivers wing on my C43. Bought a genuine one and had it painted inside and out :thumb:

P1040363.jpg

Striped off the front bumper as i was changing the Fog lamps aswell

P1040360.jpg

Wing off

P1040362.jpg

Wax-oiled everywhere and the inside of the new wing

P1040364.jpg

New wing on and aligned :D

P1040366.jpg

looking good was the original that bad

How good is the colour match between the new wing and the rest of the car?

How good is the colour match between the new wing and the rest of the car?

Looked spot on mate, i gave the guy the Sport trim from the wing to match the colour upto.
Will wash the car and polish and High def Wax the wing tomorrow and have another look :thumb:

I had a few things painted including a bootlid which i will be fitting in the week, mirror covers and number plate lamp holder :thumb:

Looks spot on Justin, did you remove the arch extension of the old wing and refit onto the new wing ?

Looks spot on Justin, did you remove the arch extension of the old wing and refit onto the new wing ?

That is the last job to do mate, will stick that on tomorrow night :thumb:

Hi,
Did you pre-fit the new wing to check fitment before painting? Did you have any alignment problems?
Who was it that did your painting? Looks a cracking job

Last edited:
Hi,
Did you pre-fit the new wing to check fitment before painting? Did you have any alignment problems?
Who was it that did your painting? Looks a cracking job

No i did not check fitment. I used a Genuine wing and their is alot of adjustment on these wings, it fits nice :thumb:
The bodyshop is in Swanley, Kent and he is very good and resonable in costs.

Justin, you need to swap your front brake discs. Your right one is in fact left and when bolted to the wrong side, it won't dissipate heat properly.

i dont understand that is the way the w202 calipers are on a w202 and the air duct is right in front of it

I was referring to the brake discs, not the callipers. Here's the right way to mount them (picture courtesy of BenzedUP):

CopyofIMG00016-20110910-1114.jpg

ah sorry yes you are right well spotted

Justin, you need to swap your front brake discs. Your right one is in fact left and when bolted to the wrong side, it won't dissipate heat properly.

You are dead right, but i am sure that all the discs are the same from Mercedes and are not produced sided.
I will check tomorrow though.

These are the same brakes fitted to my old W202 the day i bought them

IMG_0399.jpg

IMG_0400.jpg

I will check it out tomorrow though :thumb:

These are the brakes on my other car which are as you say

11042010660.jpg

Hi,
Standard front discs for a C43 were left and right handed, so I think your later brakes will be.

Looking good, do you have the part number for the wing? I need 2..

Hi,
Standard front discs for a C43 were left and right handed, so I think your later brakes will be.

I will double check tomorrow Andy :thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom