Changed specification - lots missing!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

masterasg

Car
E350 e
I ordered an EQC back in April through my company lease scheme based on the brochure available at the time and opted for the Premium model.

Car has been delayed quite a few times but finally got a build slot for 1st week of Sept and ready in UK hopefully by end of October.

Having had a quick look at the MB website, now looks like a new brochure is available and quite a few things missing e.g. no wireless phone charging and no Burmester sound system so quite a big downgrade (and were the main reasons I chose to pay more for the premium spec)

Does anyone know if the car will still be built to the original spec or the worse one (new brochure states from Sept 2021 production but would be shocked if that is the case for this car)?

Lease company and dealer not said a thing about it...

Contact the dealer. Unless the options have been combined in other 'packs', why pay for something you haven't got?

I was looking at a new GLE, but the configurator basically tells you what your getting. You can't mix & match, everything is a "pack". I like a light interior but can only get black or black with a white centre panel on the seats. No thanks, guess its another Range Rover or BMW X5. They also have "packs" but there is a far better choice. Tending towards the X5. Must be petrol or petrol hybrid. Harry's Garage did a good test on the X5 45e. For the mileage I will do in it, probably drive around in leccy mode most of the time. Don't want a full electric, actually surprised I am considering the hybrid. Diesel is out, the way the government keep changing the rules, your never sure when they will be stopped going into towns.
If they are downgrading your spec, I would be expecting a price reduction or looking at other makes

I ordered an EQC back in April through my company lease scheme based on the brochure available at the time and opted for the Premium model.

Car has been delayed quite a few times but finally got a build slot for 1st week of Sept and ready in UK hopefully by end of October.

Having had a quick look at the MB website, now looks like a new brochure is available and quite a few things missing e.g. no wireless phone charging and no Burmester sound system so quite a big downgrade (and were the main reasons I chose to pay more for the premium spec)

Does anyone know if the car will still be built to the original spec or the worse one (new brochure states from Sept 2021 production but would be shocked if that is the case for this car)?

Lease company and dealer not said a thing about it...

Car will be built as per the specification at the time, that may mean some items are missing from the specification or conversely added/included.

The Premium spec I think gets sunroof, 21" alloys and Burmester over the AMG Line doesn't it?

I stand corrected - the Burmester is dropped completely, not available on any trim!

Basically the AMG Premium gets just sunroof, 21" alloys and smartphone integration extra (over AMG Line).

AMG Premium Plus gets 360 camera, black ash wood trim, memory package on seats, heads up display and MBUX interior assistant (?)

My son's been told last week that his A250E p plus won't have the charging pad , keyless entry, burmester and 3D Nav due to the current chip shortage with basically no reduction in the lease cost.

Its all about the lack of Chips. I follow a (mainly) US MB Forum and all E Classes orders seem to be going back 6 months. Big issues around Widescreen display for MBux. Same as what happened in mid 18 when Widescreen became rocking horse s***, but at least then you still got the car with "normal" dials.

I fear you will not get what you want?

Well best people just put off buying these cars,if the spec is important to you and the car has lost the items you feel are important it is the only course of action.

Chip shortage is not going to go away for the next year or so, so eventually this will affect all manufacturers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom