changed w202 sport dash clock to c43 amg

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

horgantrevor

MB Enthusiast
Car
w202 c43 & w210 E220 CDI estate w219 W221
hi got bored and changed the dash clocks from sport white one to c43 white one

looks good

Last edited:
for to say put it in the w202 c240 v6

no almost that is why i waited the dash i had had less so waited for a few months till the day came that it was with in a mile or two of mine and then i changed

if i could reset the new dash i would i bet some one knows how to do it but i had to wait

it was worth it it looks nice with the amg logo lit up

other then that

No no, dont get me wrong I think it looks great. I'm sure if you have or know someone who has STAR then they could do the mileage correction for you.

myfriend has star system would he be able to do it that would be great if that system can correct it i would like to have it spot on

thx

i have a sport white speedo no sitting in shed i might sell it

Couldnt you have dismantled it and removed the centre faceplate, then transferred it to the existing cluster?

Looks good BTW!

Couldnt you have dismantled it and removed the centre faceplate, then transferred it to the existing cluster?

Looks good BTW!

Agreed that would require no coding and your rev range would have remained the same. Fairly easy to do also.

Either way does look fab :thumb:

how easy is it and what steps do i have to do i dont want to break any thing

also i went to the friends garage and he said no sorry star can not reset the milage but he gave me the number of a company that can

while i was their i happened to say my AC was not cold any more and did he know of any one and he did him , he did it for free a full test and refill

i could not thank him enough

if i could get steps how to do the dash move i dont want to brake the needle

You would need to take the dash panel apart remove the faceplate with AMG from the panel by carefully removing the needle and then the face and switching it with your other one I'm assuming.

Alot of patience and care.

if i brake some thing i would cry

how those the needle remove just pull a screw ? any one done this

if i brake some thing i would cry

how those the needle remove just pull a screw ? any one done this

They twist off anti clockwise but be carefull as if you turn too much the zero park position can be moved and then you would have to re-adjust them upon re-fitting to get them sitting at zero 100%.

Theres a full guide on how to do this on a facelift W208/W210 cluster but the same method is used for W202's:

how to fit clk w208 and e class w210 dials

Thats a nice touch, when you refitted your cluster, have you noticed any delay in any of your lights going out once you start the car?

HI TREVOR,

MY NAME IS DAN AND I AM NEW TO THE FORUM.

I AM FROM CORK AND AM VERY VERY INTERESTED IN THE C36 YOU HAVE FOR SALE.

MY NUMBER IS 0862592292 IF YOU WANT TO GIVE ME A BUZZ OR A TEXT OR

EMAIL IS [email protected]

CHEERS, DAN

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom