changed windscreen washer jets

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

C240Sport97

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
SL400, VW California Coast and 911 GT3
my CLS had the twin jets on each side for the windscreen washer .. trouble was it was a nightmare to adjust and never seemed right

the 4 jets simply would not cooperate.

in Easter I noticed that my Dad's facelift 211 had the "spray" jets on either side so that you got "all over spray" instead of jets .. much more effective.

so I decided to order these spray jets (hoping they would fit) at about £53. Same part number for the facelift CLS

they fit .. and now the windscreen cleans so much better.

they are so expensive because they are heated!

The standard ones as fitted to W126 , W124 etc are heated too , at a cost of about a tenner last time I bought one from the dealer .

W126 ones are chrome as opposed to the plain plastic of W124 ones but otherwise look very similar .

Went and purchased the bits to change mine from ''4 stream'' (2 jets per head).......to the ''mist'' type today, the pair with discount was £67.00.....not cheap but the ''4 stream'' ones were driving me nuts!!!

my CLS had the twin jets on each side for the windscreen washer .. trouble was it was a nightmare to adjust and never seemed right

the 4 jets simply would not cooperate.

in Easter I noticed that my Dad's facelift 211 had the "spray" jets on either side so that you got "all over spray" instead of jets .. much more effective.

so I decided to order these spray jets (hoping they would fit) at about £53. Same part number for the facelift CLS

they fit .. and now the windscreen cleans so much better.

Will these washer jets fit other models?

Any chance of some part numbers, please?

I saw a great tip in this months Car Mechanics. You buy a length of hose (much longer though) the same diameter as the hose that's currently working between washer pump and nozzle. You then wrap it around 8-10 times around one of the radiator hoses and.....da da, heated washer jets. The only downside is you have to wait until the engine warms up first (not a problem in my 124 though).

Screenwash wasnt cutting it during last years bad weather. Not at motorway speeds anyway. I had MB winter stuff at the right mixture if not stronger, not enough on its own when it was minus 12 at 60mph.

Screenwash wasnt cutting it during last years bad weather. Not at motorway speeds anyway. I had MB winter stuff at the right mixture if not stronger, not enough on its own when it was minus 12 at 60mph.

Well, go to Halfords and get Comma XStream , it goes to -65C, it coped with anything thrown at it last year.

If the guys who have had them changed could post a video or pics I would be very grateful.

Any part numbers for the CLS55 facelift (fan/mist) washer jets?

I saw a great tip in this months Car Mechanics. You buy a length of hose (much longer though) the same diameter as the hose that's currently working between washer pump and nozzle. You then wrap it around 8-10 times around one of the radiator hoses and.....da da, heated washer jets. The only downside is you have to wait until the engine warms up first (not a problem in my 124 though).
I did that on my first ever car, a Datsun 120Y back in 1979 - there really are no 'new' ideas LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom