Changes to Petrol this year - E10 compatibility

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Cheers. Should that say "..... no performance benefits...." ?
Correct.

Large fingers, small keyboard 🎹🤞😂

We Retail this,

It makes a number of claims but I didn't see any specific claims that it protects vulnerable rubber hoses, plastic components, gaskets etc?

The problem is, as far as I understand it, that some formulations of plastics and rubber compounds are more likely to react and degrade and potentially fail when exposed to higher concentrations of ethanol.

It has been a few years since I studied Chemistry but I remember that Ethanol is a powerful solvent and is also used in the synthesis of organic compounds.

Unless this product is denaturing the ehanol how is it "protecting older types of fuel systems etc?

To be honest, if I were MB I'd be saying "no comment" beyond what the government website says. Imagine if longer term there WAS an unforeseen issue? After all, the change is outside of MB's control
But E10 has been on sale for over 16 years in the US and was planned for for some years before that, so there's not much more to learn about the stuff at this point in time. It's just the UK that's taken so long to adopt it.

M271 946 has multipoint fuel injection i.e. it's not a CGI (direct injection) engine so you are ok.

But you can't just equate kompressor with being OK. The idea that CGI and kompressor are mutually exclusive is a wrong perception. The engine that is incompatible with E10 is the M271 DE ML 271.942 which is both CGI and according to the documentation I've seen a kompressor.
Many thanks for this info.looks like a fuel upgrade to for me,[to be sure.]my tried an joy since new with 55000 miles need tender loving care

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom