Changing an Audi thermostat

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by grober, Sep 26, 2011.

1. grober

grober MB Club Veteran

Car:
    W204 C200CDI Estate
    A little video on changing a water pump/thermostat/ timing belt on a V6 Audi.
    Another reason to buy a MERC perhaps ? :dk: I tried not to look but --Aaaaaaargh!!!!!:eek::eek::eek:

[YOUTUBE]oZ9E4Vua32k&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

1 person likes this.
  2. br0ke

br0ke Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Looked simple enough to me - and all in just over 6 minutes. Shouldn't cost more than a few quid...LOL

In all seriousness that is one of the reasons I went from BMW to Mercedes and skipped Audi. They use a plethora of different parts for the same model of car that are slightly different and not interchangeable. My boss was back at the dealer 3 times until he got the correct headlamp for an A6. It cost him over £250 whereas a complicated twin lamp job for my 5 series (with switchable Left & Right hand drive) was £56 back in the day.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2011
  3. ringway

ringway MB Club Veteran

Car:
    Audi A6 Avant 3.0 Bi TDI - A Fantastic Car! Range Rover Supercharged - Lovely! Also R32 & S4.
    It's almost guaranteed that the phone would ring several times whilst doing that job.