Changing anti roll bar bushes etc, any nasty surprises waiting?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DSM10000

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
E32O CDi Sport, MX5 1.8 Sport, Range Rover 5.0 SC, BMW X1
Having had the lower near side suspension arm replaced FOC I still have a slight knocking noise but much reduced and only usually noticeable on rough tracks and very poor and broken roads.

My next line of attack was to do the cheap and hopefully simple things so I have orderded anti roll bar bushes and drop links for the front of my 2003 C320.

I have changed drop links on other cars and remember having to support the anti roll bar to prevent it dropping. I presume the same applies to the C320? I was planning to soak the bolts etc in penetrating fluid for a few days first.

The bushes look fairly simple, access is OK so it is take out two bolts, remove the saddle clamp then slide the bush out and rotate off, refitting is a reversal etc etc!:dk:

I`m having exactly the same prob with my 300td.

i.e. have replaced the front lower suspension bushes, drop links AND roll bar bushes; and have acquired this knocking over rough tarmac. offside only. :(

Like you say AR bushes are straightforward to change.

I`ll watch this thread.:thumb:

It is possible that it is another ball joint but my experience on other cars has shown that drop links can be the cause as well. They are cheap to replace and can sharpen up the steering response as well so I want to go through changing components bit by bit. If it is not these then I will have lost little and gained sometihng :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom