Changing CDi exhaust to oval one.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gazhowell

Hi,

I've got a C-Class Coupe C220 CDi (53 plate, pre-facelift) and it has got the downwards pointing twin exhausts - similar to this pic

2ft85388ru2.jpg

Is there any way I can attach one of those oval tips you see on the sport models? I am a complete novice at this so wouldn't have the first clue about welding etc, I am hoping there is something that'll just screw on.

I've seen this one on eBay but I doubt it would fit.

If the oval one is not possible, what options are there for me to make it look better?

That trim fits straight pipes I believe

This trim is for the downward pointing W203 C-Class twin exhaust, about £60 from Gericia.com (just screws on). Not sure if it fits the Coupe best to ask them?

Attachments

• C class w203 double pipe  one fitting.jpg
    C class w203 double pipe one fitting.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 251
But any straight pointing exhaust will dirty the back of the car with fumes. Be aware.

Ford do a trick with the Mondeo tdci exhaust (not my car by the way)

Attachments

• tdci trim.JPG
    tdci trim.JPG
    47.8 KB · Views: 238
I think those Gericia ones do that, bottom vent (?)

That dual gericia one just screams Max Power though - might as well be attached to a Corsa.

I want it to look like the OEM mercedes oval one really, but with as little work needed as possible (ie so I can do it!)

I thought newer diesels with Diesel Particulate Filters didn't need to point downwards anymore? I've had 2 diesel BMW's and 1 Alfa now which point straight out.

I seam to remember that the C30 AMG which is Diesel had straight out pipes, may be that may gives some clues as to what can be done.

I have something similar to the gericia item, it comes out the ovals and has slots in the bottom. I think they look good, however I was looking into the quad pipe setup, but at several hundred quid seems a bit steep!

I have something similar to the gericia item, it comes out the ovals and has slots in the bottom. I think they look good, however I was looking into the quad pipe setup, but at several hundred quid seems a bit steep!

Have you got any pictures of yours? Where did you get it from, got a link?

I seam to remember that the C30 AMG which is Diesel had straight out pipes, may be that may gives some clues as to what can be done.

No they were still angeled down a bit.

Hi,

I've got a C-Class Coupe C220 CDi (53 plate, pre-facelift) and it has got the downwards pointing twin exhausts - similar to this pic

2ft85388ru2.jpg

Is there any way I can attach one of those oval tips you see on the sport models? I am a complete novice at this so wouldn't have the first clue about welding etc, I am hoping there is something that'll just screw on.
How sad that this vehicle allows those pipes to be so visible.

Having straight pipes leaves you at risk of having an oil stained back-side ;) and fitting screw on exhausts onto the originals might put you at risk of breaking any laws relating to protruding parts, or accessories. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Good luck with the decision
John

oil = diesel oil

Or do the easiest thing and make the most of what you have.

Mine has these as standard.

Merc4.jpg

That looks good The Dent Guy, I'd be happy with that. How do you get them so clean as mine are thick black? I don't think I'd be able to get them back to shiney again unless there is a special cleaner you can get?

That looks good The Dent Guy, I'd be happy with that. How do you get them so clean as mine are thick black? I don't think I'd be able to get them back to shiney again unless there is a special cleaner you can get?

These are part of the Evolution package - according to the brochure the tailpipe is on mine is enlarged and made of stainless steel. Must be polished stainless then i guess. :confused: I know for a fact its a chrome looking trim on the tailpipe.

Perhaps a visit to your local stealer is in order?:D

Yeah, might take a trip down to MB Liverpool.

Funnily enough there is a C220 CDi sitting on the used cars forecourt there (same as mine) but with the oval exhaust I want pointing straight out! I wonder how they did that!

Have you got any pictures of yours? Where did you get it from, got a link?

Sorry missed your response. do you get a new tail pipe?

I will try to get a pic.

Have to say I got mine from Watford performance three years ago nearly. They are now cksperformance.

I would go with the gericia ones, probably cheaper.

No, not got a new one yet. The dealer wanted over £500 to replace it so I gave up.

I'm going to keep an eye out for a breakers though as I only need a new back box and then the oval finisher.

I'm not sure I'm too keen on the downward vent idea anymore, I think it might look a bit odd with all the exhaust gases coming out, but not from the pipe!

have you looked at replacing the back box with a similar one with oval pipes. There are a couple of MB compatible ones out there for a lot less than £500

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom