Changing Door Handles

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tommi211

Car
09 W204 250CDI Sport
Hello all!
So I'm just checking the feasibility of changing my drivers side door handle (RHD).
A colleague of mine who drives a '11 BMW 320d had his car almost stolen the other day, they bored out the lock on the drivers door, but, apparently didn't get past this stage.
The police told him that new BMWs are reasonably easy to steal.
On further investigation of whether this is true or not, it seems as it is... It basically entails boring out the lock, opening the drivers door, plugging into the CANbus and running malware / change the software... This all seems very organised and what not, but I live in London, my colleague doesn't live to far from me and this is an apparently plausible way of nicking a Merc.
So I'm just looking at the plausibility of changing the Driver's door handle for a passenger one from a LHD vehicle, to remove the lock... I don't have any schemes or drawings, so I'm unsure of the locks integration with the door itself, the handle's integration with remote locking etc...
I'm not too fussed if I can't use my 'emergency' key to get in, I'd rather have a car to wake up to...

Any pointers, advice would be greatly appreciated!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom