Changing from 17's to 19's on a W205 C220

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Alan C

Car
C Class Sport
Thinking of changing the 17" alloys on my C class to some 19's that I've seen, as they look too small to me.

However, will this make the ride significantly harder than I have now with my 17's?

Also will there be any change in the fuel efficiency as a result of the bigger wheels?

You'll certainly notice a much firmer ride on 19"'s compared to your 17"'s.
The wheels will certainly be heavier an fuel economy down a touch.
You have to decide whether that is worth the upside of the car looking much more planted.

Im sure you are no doubt on se suspension yes?? in which case 19"s are not going to be the bone shaker ride people assume it to be. Get the 19"s!!! which ones you got the eye on???

Im sure you are no doubt on se suspension yes?? in which case 19"s are not going to be the bone shaker ride people assume it to be. Get the 19"s!!! which ones you got the eye on???

I'm looking at some off an E Class.

Some like these.
30e6ff6eb350f27fa18fcfb269931471.jpg

nice!! stop looking, and treat yourself [emoji12]

Just be sure the ET of the wheels you want are more or less the same as your current wheels.

Just be sure the ET of the wheels you want are more or less the same as your current wheels.

Trying to find the ET of my current ones so I can make sure that the others will fit. The new ones are staggered as well so I'll have to take that into account.

Then I have to look at how ridiculously expensive the tyres are going to be. [emoji15]

Finally found a set. Should be picking them up on Saturday.

Decided to go for 18's instead of 19's just to make sure there's not huge change in the ride quality.

Don't forget to inform your insurers

Don't forget to inform your insurers

Rang them earlier to inform them.

It's not worth taking chances nowadays.

My last 2 cars were heavily modified and they knew about every change.

Last edited:
I've got bored of the 18's and have now found stunning set of 19's.

Fingers crossed they'll fit!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

That sounds like a costly change of mind Alan.

But it'll look great I'm sure.

Ant.

Trying to find the ET of my current ones so I can make sure that the others will fit. The new ones are staggered as well so I'll have to take that into account.

Then I have to look at how ridiculously expensive the tyres are going to be. [emoji15]

The et will be in the hand book...have you looked?

The et will be in the hand book...have you looked?
I had a look, but I couldn't see a figure for the width of alloys I'm getting.

Done a bit of research and they should fit, but you never know!

My car runs 19s and the ride is definately harder in comparison to 17s but another issue with 19s if you run a low profile such as 35 is kerbing.

It is extremely easy to kerb them when parking, as the alloy tends to be below the kerb so the slightest touch and you have metal against kerb rather than rubber.

Well, my wheels arrived but they were damaged by the courier in transit.

They've gone back for a refund and the search continues.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom