Changing from E55k to w221 s65 biturbo advice.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

smoothcoupe

Car
MERCEDES E55K-2001 AUDI S8-MERCEDES 300CE 24V SPORTLINE
Hi all. I'm thinking of changing my 2004 E55 with 80k for a 2008 S65 with 97k. There isn't much info out there on the s65, I am possibly going to do the deal depending on my findings. Obviously I know it's not a cheap car to maintain however does anyone know of any common faults and general servicing costs ie discs n pads etc. I have had the 55 for almost 3 years and what a cracking car it is... But just seem mesmerised by the S65 ( even more torque)... So come on guys. What should I do..... Thanks.

Make sure you have a very substantial slush fund!

I imagine running an E55K will be a picnic compared to some of the expensive problems on an S65!

If you can afford it - I would do it. I'm tempted by a W221 myself but not enough to put up with the potentially horrendous bills you might get.

Every time I drove it, I would be waiting for a fault to occur - which I think detracts from the overall experience and I fear it would cause more pain than the enjoyment I would get out of it.

"What are you driving at the minute?"

'I'm driving a twin-turbo V12 AMG'.

End of discussion.

Thanks chaps. Getting my hands on the car next Friday for thourough inspection. I'll let you know how I get on. And if I can get on with the size of this beast..

Dam you. I love the E55, but the S must be mental.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom