Changing from SL350 to CL500 - Advice needed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kourosh

Car
SL500 2007
I am considering chaning my 2005 SL350 for a 2005 CL500 due to arrival of a new baby and the need for 'occasional' back seat use (probably no more than once a week).

I am going to view a CL500 tomorrow. It is a 2005 on an 05 plate with 46K miles, having had 2 services and 9K miles before the next service is due.

Can someone please advise if there is any other essential 'non-service' work that should have been done by this stage. For example, my SL needed new spark plugs, filters etc, which were not part of the routine service but were recommended at 40K miles.

Cheers

Don't know how much hair you have but you'll miss the elements caressing your scalp with the roof down. You'll probably need Mrs K to massage your scalp now..which is probably already happpening as your new addition proves.

If you are set on a CL ( option is a good CLK:) with the wind in your hair on sunny days)) then get the service details and VIN and check its ESR so you will know what needs doing

Im guessing it will need Filter changes and Brake fluid. Plugs are at 50+k I think but that needs a check. Its a V8 dont forget so plugs are expensive

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom