Changing Headlight Bulbs on a 1998 E Class

GregE240

Car
1990 500SL
Morning folks,

As per my previous thread, it's time I think to replace the main beam bulbs. Whilst I'm there I might as well upgrade the dipped bulbs too.

I had a peek under the bonnet last night and it looks a bit tight behind the units, particularly the washer bottle side (I have headlamp wash, so its a bigger bottle).

It is easy enough to do ? I'm gonna feel like a right Charlie going to a dealer asking them to change bulbs.

Thanks,

Greg

Koolvin

Administrator
Staff member
Car
W168, W169 & S202
G,

It is easy, if you have the owners manuals that came with the car they will show you how to do this easily

OP
OP
G

GregE240

Car
1990 500SL
Koolvin,

Yep, got all the manuals which as you say depict the procedure as only a German car manual can.
The manual appears to assume that whoever changes the bulbs has forearms like dental floss.
I just wondered if anyone who owned an E Class (95-2001) had any tips for changing them without having to remove the washer bottle and air filter assembly :)

Cheers !

fuzzer

MB Enthusiast
Car
F25 X3 20d SE
I got big hands and altho its a good thing in some circules , changing the headlamp bulbs is a struggle. I know where you are coming from dude ...:crazy:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom