Changing Headlight Bulbs on a 1998 E Class

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GregE240

Car
1990 500SL
Morning folks,

As per my previous thread, it's time I think to replace the main beam bulbs. Whilst I'm there I might as well upgrade the dipped bulbs too.

I had a peek under the bonnet last night and it looks a bit tight behind the units, particularly the washer bottle side (I have headlamp wash, so its a bigger bottle).

It is easy enough to do ? I'm gonna feel like a right Charlie going to a dealer asking them to change bulbs.

Thanks,

Greg

G,

It is easy, if you have the owners manuals that came with the car they will show you how to do this easily

Koolvin,

Yep, got all the manuals which as you say depict the procedure as only a German car manual can.
The manual appears to assume that whoever changes the bulbs has forearms like dental floss.
I just wondered if anyone who owned an E Class (95-2001) had any tips for changing them without having to remove the washer bottle and air filter assembly :)

Cheers !

I got big hands and altho its a good thing in some circules , changing the headlamp bulbs is a struggle. I know where you are coming from dude ...:crazy:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom