Changing language back to English on Comand ( '00 W208 CLK55 )

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BRN9121

SUPPORTER
Car
R129, W208 & W204
So I messed up playing around with the system a few months ago and reset everything to factory default.
Well, the language on the Comand NAV unit is now in German.

I can't change in back to English, after researching this, found out from other forum owners that the I need a NAV CD to be able to access the language feature.
Since finding a local Middle East CD was difficult, I decided to get a North American one off eBay which was suitable for my model year vehicle.

CD arrived, inserted into the head unit, nothing. Now the CD won't eject either LOL.

Getting the CD out is not an issue, I'm sure I can tackle that. But what do I do about the language? Any tips?

I attach a picture of the unit back when it was in English.

IMG-20210119-WA0073.jpg

Not any help to you, but reminds me of one of our site foremen who came to see me in the office with a mobile phone problem , he'd been playing around with it and managed to change the language to Spanish, unfortunately he didn't understand Spanish to change the language back to English

So here are the two error messages in German ( translated into English ) that I currently have.
Followed by a video of the CD stuck inside.. well kind off.

CD Read Error, please use a different navigation CD.
20230320_114753_0ee99a64e0b8cb9aa67607c1eacde25daf846fcf.jpg

Navigation cannot be activated. There has been an error.
20230320_114801_9ca96f5f32c211a1e77d59260716260c2f596ff4.jpg

And the video of the CD that can't make up it's mind... or just a teaser.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Fiddling with menu system.
See if you can find Ändern sprache im menü - change language in menu

You need the disk to be in the unit. You are then looking for 'Einstellungen' then 'Sprache'

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom