Changing Mileage on Dash CLK (W208)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

derfuk

Car
2002 CLK 200, 2010 311 Sprinter
Hi
I have bought an new dash cluster as my old one had many faults with dud pixels etc and the mileage obviously is not correct now and says I have done over 12k more than the car has. Is it possibly to change the mileage so it reads correct for the car via a piece of software or sending it off somewhere or am I stuck with suddenly doing an extra 12k overnight. Hope somebody can help

Thanks
David

Hi David,

You've got two options really:

1) Send off your old cluster for repair. If it's just the LCD screens it's an easy and cheap enough fix.

2) Get in touch with one of the mileage correction companies out there. This is not possible with regular MB equipment - it's a bit of a dark art so I understand.

The only other option is with a brand new instrument cluster. Or if the correction people can reset the new cluster to zero (you can use a new/zeroed cluster up to 250km/155 miles and transfer the data from your original cluster)

All AFAIK but hope this helps :thumb:

Will

Why do anything, keep the old cluster as proof that it was replaced, tell the MOT / insurance company and eventually the new owner - when you come to sell - that the cluster was replaced due to faults. Old and new MOT’s should confirm the mileage discrepancy.

Dec

Can you just swap the physical display over? - If the actual odometer figure is stored elsewhere, replacing the screen won't change it.

I just did the same thing on my W203.
My merc indy reset the mileage on the "new" IC to a low value, then fitted in the car and did and adaption which copied the correct mileage from elsewhere in the car electronics (EIS ?)
He used a standalone gizmo to reset the mileage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom