changing on board computer settings on W169

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Nickb23

Car
A180 CDI
Hi guys
I have a 59 A180 CDI and I am wondering if you can change the layout of the on board computer on the cluster. On my one in the bottom window I have the speed in Kph. This according to the manual is unchangeable in the UK. I have seen that you can have the temp there instead. Is this something that can be modified? I know on my old golf, you were able to add miles till empty etc using software. Is this sort of mod possible with mercs ??
Thanks

nick

This may be doable using STAR but you'll need to go to someone who knows what they are doing. Dealers will not do this as its not MB approved.

That said the newer MB models can only be SCN coded with data from MB ....

The guys from Comand.co.uk are the experts in these things ;)

I live in Maidstone, but work in south east london..

To me having the temp is so much more useful than having the kph...

I live in Maidstone, but work in south east london..

To me having the temp is so much more useful than having the kph...

Me too that's why I have enabled the OTG settings on all three W169 we own.

It is a shame that I didn't see your reply earlier, as I was down near Maidstone on Sat getting a major service done at Steve's - could have easily done your OTG W169 in a couple of minutes with my Star while down your way.

If you are ever over towards Croydon way give me a shout.

Thanks man. I am always about in Bromley as that's where I work. I could easily pop down to see you in Croydon.
Also I was going to ask about Garages in Maidstone. Where is Steve's? Is it an independent garage??

Thanks again. Nick

Send me a PM or if you cannot then email me at [email protected].

Steve is an independent but very good. Happy to share details with you via PM/Email.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom