changing seats

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

michaelk3289

Car
2007 W211 E280 CDI Avantgarde
hi guys

i am lloking at buying a new interior for my w124 estate, (silver spoon) has one for sale, i think he bought the car off ebay to break, would have done the smae myself but no where to store it!!! anyway back to the question

my drivers seat is electric even the head rest, the new seat is not

can you add the electric bits to the replacement seat including head rest as i dont want to loose the elctric aspect of the seat

thanks

Michael

It is feasible but fiddly. Is it just the fabric/leather you wish to change? If so its probably simplest to remove the covers and fit them to your existing seat. If you have never done it before a car trimmer might be a good idea. If your seat frame is faulty then much bigger job involving refitting the wiring/motors to the new seat.

hi there

the seats and the frames are fine, i originally just wanted the 2 seats in the boot, but they wernt available in black so i looked at other options and liked the idea of changing to leather

so the seat covers come off? i thought they would be stiched to the seats

The covers do come off. Its not easy and getting them to fit properly again is very fiddly. If it were me I would find a trimmer to do the work. Leather is great - black on ours - you wont regret making the switch if you can.

correction from my first post its not silver spoon who is selling the full 7 seats in leather

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom