Changing time after aftermarket headunit

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

clk320x

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Tesla Model S, Model 3 LR, Model X /// Previous: Jaguar XFR, Mercedes E320 CDI, C32 AMG, CLK 320
After fitting the Pioneer app radio in place of my COMAND the time no longer automatically changes in the cluster to accommodate for the daylight saving etc

It says on the CONNECTS2 interface that the time changing etc would be preserved but seemingly this is not the case although steering controls work fine

Is there any way to change the time manually?

Cheers

I have done this by disconnecting the battery and re-connecting at 12.00. The clock goes back to 12.00 when you disconnect the battery.
A PITA but it works.

Last edited:
I have done this by disconnecting the battery and re-connecting at 12.00. The clock goes back to 12.00 when you disconnect the battery.
A PITA but it works.

Surely you can just pull the radio fuse?

You may have needed to recode to tell the car it no longer has a COMAND unit, thus unlocking the menu in the system to set it manually.

It did have comand and now has an after market HU

Did anyone code it? What menu is it in? Cheers

W209s need to be programmed to COMAND not present.

The battery at midday trick is what you need to do. You need to disconnect battery for your headlights fix :)

W209s need to be programmed to COMAND not present.

The battery at midday trick is what you need to do. You need to disconnect battery for your headlights fix :)

Yeh may aswell get both done at once :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom