Charge pressure sensor

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pachanga 231

Car
E280 cdi sport 2007
Where is this on a w211 and any idea of cost.
Code coming up is
Check component b5/1, the signal voltage is too high. This code was shown on a scan over 12 months ago. Since then intermittently it goes into limp mode (rarely)

Since yesterday on start up the car revs all the way to red but after a minute of driving doesn't go above 3000revs, could this be linked?

Of course I'll be getting fresh scan done tomorrow.

If its the same as the boost pressure sensor then its part no A0061539828 TO ENGINE NO 30108082 and A0061539928 FROM ENGINE NO 30108083 [ 24/03/2004 APPROX]
£35 e.g.
Genuine Mercedes-Benz OM642 Engine Boost Pressure Sensor A0061539928 NEW | eBay
Just be wary as its associated with the variable inlet manifold EGR assembly and these are notorious for getting clagged up at high mileage.Don't forget to check the associated wiring for burning, breaks or shorts

Last edited:
it might be turbo actuator .it is stucking and does not open the turbo .that increase the pressure yo MAP and send high signal to ECU.

it might be turbo actuator .it is stucking and does not open the turbo .that increase the pressure yo MAP and send high signal to ECU.

Hoping that it's just the sensor and not a turbo issue.
If the sensor comes up again on a fresh scan is any further investigation needed as to why it's coming up as a fault or would one start by first replacing that

First thing is to cancel the code and then run the engine again to see if it comes back. Typically the sensor may have 3/4 wires--- a power SUPPLY wire 5 volts from the ENGINE ECU ---- a signal wire leading back to the ECU typical values
0.25-1.8volts low pressure
2.0-4.7volts high boost pressure
--a signal earth wire back to the ECU
--- possibly a separate power earth wire
If you know the connections you can check for presence of the 5 volt supply with ignition on. A wiring/sensor short e.g. -supply to signal line would give abnormally high signal to the ECU.
https://www.yourmechanic.com/articl...er-boost-sensor-a-circuit-high-by-jay-safford

this is for a generic boost sensor NOT specific to Mercedes.

Same symptoms as mine when the sensor went. It's on the inlet duct just below the join with the manifold, n/s of engine and quite accessible.

Mine used to go into limp when hot and typically when pulling out of motorway services. 'Keying' the thing fixed it till the next time, sometimes weeks apart but a new sensor cured it completely. This on a I6 320cdi.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom