Charity Goodwood track day

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ricky s

MB Enthusiast
Car
cars
I had an Email today from the 'Eve Appeal' regarding their Goodwood track day to which a few of the members here have been to over the past 3 years, all enjoyable days out. This years event is to be held at Goodwood again, on Friday the 29th November.
I have asked them for clarification of the no. of cars being booked and the noise level permitted for the day. I suspect it will be a 40 car day, with 5-10 cars only on track at any given time, and a 98DB noise level. The cost has risen slightly, its now £175 for the day (previous years cost was £150), however still great value given its Goodwood.

Anyone interested can either pay myself and I will block book, or pay directly to the Eve Appeal on the link below.

http://www.eveappeal.org.uk/get-involved/events/track-day/

Anyone paying directly, would be good if you could advise the forum here, just so as we can see the numbers we have.:thumb:

I saw this today too Ricky - noticed a certain black E55 on the page.

I am tempted to jump in but lord knows what I will be driving then.....

S

Just to advise that the 'Eve Appeal' people advise me today, that day is 30 cars max, 5-10 cars on circuit at any time, noise level is 98DB and the cost is £175 for the day. Any interest, please get back to me.

I booked myself on it today.

S

Thanks Simon, I will book myself in tomorrow morning, whilst a way off, something to look forward to. hopefully catch up at a meet in the meantime. :thumb:.

Thanks Ricky.

I am in, will drop them a line tomorrow. Great day last time shame it only 98db rules out a couple of mates!

Thanks Ricky.

I am in, will drop them a line tomorrow. Great day last time shame it only 98db rules out a couple of mates!

Good to hear from you mate, I know your a busy boy, and look forward to meeting up there again, albeit it's a while away, but as said previously, something to look forward to, 3 of us now, hopefully a a couple more will join in, its a fun day out, and for a great cause.:thumb:

ricky s said:
Good to hear from you mate, I know your a busy boy, and look forward to meeting up there again, albeit it's a while away, but as said previously, something to look forward to, 3 of us now, hopefully a a couple more will join in, its a fun day out, and for a great cause.:thumb:

Looking forward to it Ricky It's gone mental over the last two months only been in the uk for 4days and need some r&r (or some track fun). I might be interested in vmax as well if its after mid July.

How's the car? Are you breaks all sorted out now?

Cheers

Justin

Simon_M said:
I booked myself on it today.

S

Simon,

I see the 63's gone. Any plans for a track toy?

J

Looking forward to it Ricky It's gone mental over the last two months only been in the uk for 4days and need some r&r (or some track fun). I might be interested in vmax as well if its after mid July.

How's the car? Are you breaks all sorted out now?

Cheers

Justin

Justin, yes cars good, albeit just got to get Jerry to sort out this flat spot in power, but thats all in hand, brakes yes, don't know why, niether it seems does anyone else to why it has taken so long, but getting on the brakes at 180 plus at last Vmax, sorted something, they are all smooth now, albeit I must confess, as per Marc L comments regards his own Brabus brake set up, the pads, they really do not inspire confidence, thinking they really should be doing better, plus they are without doubt the messist pad ever, (Rash would be having cardiac arrest), only got to travel short distances and the wheels are an absolute mess, but will swop these out to a different make when these existing Padgid pads are worn out. Cars off to another place on the 19th for some further attention, then onto Vmax with the hope of a tail wind instead of head wind as last time.

Sent you a PM regards Vmax

Look forward to catching up.

Last edited:
ricky s said:
Justin, yes cars good, albeit just got to get Jerry to sort out this flat spot in power, but thats all in hand, brakes yes, don't know why, niether it seems does anyone else to why it has taken so long, but getting on the brakes at 180 plus at last Vmax, sorted something, they are all smooth now, albeit I must confess, as per Marc L comments regards his own Brabus brake set up, the pads, they really do not inspire confidence, thinking they really should be doing better, plus they are without doubt the messist pad ever, (Rash would be having cardiac arrest), only got to travel short distances and the wheels are an absolute mess, but will swop these out to a different make when these existing Padgid pads are worn out. Cars off to another place on the 19th for some further attention, then onto Vmax with the hope of a tail wind instead of head wind as last time.

Sent you a PM regards Vmax

Look forward to catching up.

Cheers mate and glad you are getting your beast all straight. I agree you would of expected that brabus should have got those nailed without having to stamp on them at 180+ to bed them in!!

I have PM'd you back and are you going to catch-up with Jerry when his over in July, if so I will see you there.

Simon_M said:
Not at the moment, but I have 5 months!

A few guys from another forum have booked up as well.

S

Anything interesting on your wish list?

Just to advise that a few of us forum members have already booked onto this day,

Simon M
CSR
Maff
Ricky S

I believe AceJ and Benjy may also be booking, anyone else coming along to join us?

I saw this today too Ricky - noticed a certain black E55 on the page.

Simon, yes me, but moreso look whats looming up exiting the chicane, MAFF! in his race Caterham, I vividly remember, this is the very last lap of that session, and I was the only one he had not lapped, and I was very conscious of his whereabouts, knew he would be coming, got to the pitlane straight exit bend, and got done on the following straight, then got stuck in traffic and Maff was at least 1/2 lap ahead by the chequered flag, so close, but not good enough! (not sure what Maffs Caterham is, but my 5.5CC SC, with a decent driver should surely performed better) but a fun time, and a really great day out.;) Participation of performance events that this forum has arranged or partially linked too, have not been that prolific this year, but the few there has been have been great, I recall Sav,s Jerry 3 day event and last Vmax were fun days out, shame that a few of the AMG boys here do not come out to play and even moreso the guys that have gone to all the trouble of retuning their cars, and simple just run on the road, I find it a little dissappointing. However I at least look forward to November Goodwood again with a few known guys, and thats if we don't do something between;).
Disappointing not to heard back from AM as well, S.

Last edited:
I'll come down and enjoy the day with you all :thumb:

..... Note my signature though... :rolleyes:

:D

As ever Rash, we all appreciate and look forward to your company mate, as well as your efforts to always join in the various events that the forums hold, and we don't even notice your signature anymore, Rash, we already know if the weathers, C**p Rash will be indoors with computor looking at long range weather forcast, veiwing where the salt is being dispensed!:eek:

Look forward to a chat mate. My cars off to that company we discussed, for a minor modding shortly, thanks for your help and advise mate.:thumb:

Rashman said:
I'll come down and enjoy the day with you all :thumb:

..... Note my signature though... :rolleyes:

:D

Wouldn't be the same without you.

Tempted to go out on tack?

ricky s said:
Just to advise that a few of us forum members have already booked onto this day,

Simon M
CSR
Maff
Ricky S

I believe AceJ and Benjy may also be booking, anyone else coming along to join us?

Booked, hope we can get out before Nov though. Maybe +3 just trying to round some of the boys up.

Simon M
CSR
Maff
Ricky S
Acej

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom