Charles Kennedy RIP

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

grober

MB Master
Car
W204 ESTATE
Sad news that "Champagne Charlie" has died at his home in the highlands at the age of 55. I use the term advisedly as it perhaps sums up his political career--- moments of sparkling entertainment marred by an alcohol addiction.
Revived the fortunes of the liberal party in the first years of the 21st century and was one voice who spoke out against the the Iraq war. The UK political world will be diminished by his passing. RIP.

FROM BRAVE BEGINNINGS:---
Charles-Kennedy.jpg

On the train from Fort William to Glasgow a only couple of weeks ago, I was talking to a girl from Skye who was saying what a good and principled man he was, and how his problems not only affected him and his family, but also those whom he represented.
One of the better politicians - there are too few of his ilk.

Rip

He was on This Week recently, he didn't look that ill.

RIP

He was on This Week recently, he didn't look that ill.

RIP

He was on BBC Question Time recently and looked very out of sorts. Not ill, but lacking the usual CK sharpness. Connected or not to this recent news I have no idea.
Irrespective of agreeing or disagreeing with the man's views, he always had my respect for having thought through what he was saying. His own man, not just spouting the party line - losing such a man is indeed a loss.

he always had my respect for having thought through what he was saying. His own man, not just spouting the party line - losing such a man is indeed a loss.

+1

Such a terrible shame - he was one of the very few involved in politics who was in it to try and create a better world.

Very sharp-witted too, I always enjoyed listening to his thoughts.

Irrespective of agreeing or disagreeing with the man's views, he always had my respect for having thought through what he was saying. His own man, not just spouting the party line - losing such a man is indeed a loss.

I never met him - but the people I know who have said they thought he was decent and always willing to listen to the other side of the argument and are quite saddened by this.

In Scotland we seem to have a habit of losing some decent MPs rather too suddenly and rather too young - John Smith and Robin Cook come to mind - and even Donald Dewar who was a bit older and an MSP at the time should have had many more years.

RIP CK. Sad moment and reminder to all of us to embrace our loved ones and cherish every moment we have on this world.

A good man who happened to be a politician, but never let the latter obscure the former.

RIP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom