Cheap 4x4

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jonnyboy

MB Enthusiast
Car
1991 sl300-24 project,s124 280,w115 no interior, w108 project no engine
Hi all

Anyone got a cheap as chips 4x4 for sale? Need to get around my sites and service my clients, bit sad that I sold the Navara now :wallbash:

Really needs to be automatic unless super cheap.

Last edited:
How cheap? There is no such thing as a cheap 4x4 at this time of year, as you already probably know, pal....

Yuo wouldn't say that if you saw where my new yard is located sp!ke

Hi all

Anyone got a cheap as chips 4x4 for sale? Need to get around my sites and service my clients, bit sad that I sold the Navara now :wallbash:

Really needs to be automatic unless super cheap.

I wanted a Subaru Forester, because I was worried about getting to work in the winter, but with the snow prices seem to have gone into orbit....

I'd wait for the snow to melt and then find a cheap Hilux or Disco.

I know Nick, with the hassle I had getting premises the one thing I overlooked was the road leading to the entrance. Annoyed now as I could have been prepared (at pre-snow prices!). I just bought that 124 as a hack and it's great but not the ideal tool for that road, and it won't tow my vans out of trouble either.
Got a line on an Explorer but its got a knackered heater :(
All the Discos's are ****ged.

I also want it to do occasional towing as I'll be after a multipurpose trailer that'll do cars/plant/refuse etc. Need to have this unit earning its keep over every spare sq.foot !

I also want it to do occasional towing as I'll be after a multipurpose trailer that'll do cars/plant/refuse etc. Need to have this unit earning its keep over every spare sq.foot !

If you want to tow a LR or a Disco is the best option as the GTW is nice and high as compared with other stuff.

This is for sale:

DSCF7687 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

(Cheap due to the key being broken off in the ingnition)

Not mine I might add, but belongs Land Rover man who's a few units down from me.

Got more details Nick? mot? engine? auto? price?

Cheers
John

My brother has K Reg Disco John. He has just shelled out 700 quid on welding at the back end. ((A mate of a mate did it) (sorry Ian I have only just found out after the job ws done)) This is not an uncommon occurence apparently. on Disco's.

How does he find it John? I'm not into the whole greenlaning thing, more the on-road stuff ;)

He loves it. Then again he does wear cowboys boots and is into clay pigeon shooting and stuff.
Seriously he loves it. Its the high driving position, its low down grunt (his is manual) The space inside is mega magic for him. It will tow anything anywhere. Good all round vehicle and he only paid around 500 quid for it, but he knew it needed some welding, but not quite that much. I have driven it and yes I could live with it. His is diesel.

Thanks, but I just couldn't live with something like that ! Needs to potentially double as 2nd/3rd car so needs 5 seats min.

Interestingly following nickmercs comment about towing, I spotted this :-

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classif...postcode/gu152lb/page/2/radius/1501?logcode=p

I then looked at the tech data via their site then via parkers etc. Braked towing weight of 1000kg ?????

theirs although nice is a bit too pricey for what i want,that said my company fleet ;) is white.

Last edited:
Cheers Nick, look fwd to hearing from you, you still got my number?

I was looking in classic cars weekly the other day and saw a Range Rover 1988 diesel, manual unfortunately, but, it's only done 69k iirc and is up for £1250.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom