Cheap and effective way to clean/prep a new C43?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Solari

Car
Audi A5
Picking up a new C43 shortly in blue metallic colour. Would like to clean it of tar and put on some protective layer on the glass and paintwork. What would you guys recommend as a cheap and effective option?

I know it's great to go for a full detail and PPF but I feel like that's excessive for me. I don't drive often and am mostly driving around London.

When you say cheap are we talking pound shop cheap or under £100 cheap?

Autofiness has some good stuff without breaking the bank as well as Bilt Hamber if you sign up to to somehting like Slims Detailing you get 10% off your first order.

A decontamination kit like this isnt to bad Decontamination Kit

Couple that with a G3 clay mit, some Halfords shampoo and a decent wax like BH double speed wax your should be good to go and should a only take a Sunday to complete. :thumb:

I say the abpove assuming you have some equipment like buckets, wash mits ect ...

Welcome to the forum BTW :)

Thanks mate. I sorta mean <£300 cheap.

Okay so you've suggested a DIY technique, which is possible if I can follow a youtube video or something haha.

Otherwise I meant a service provided by a company

Clean and decontaminate it the best you can yourself and then see if a pro can apply a ceramic coating. Wether it would need minor paint correction/machine polishing is unknown though

And for the love of god almighty...

If you buy a fallout remover, do NOT open it inside your bedroom!

Pretty much the same as the others have said.
On my year old SLC I picked up, I’ve done the following.
Wash with a cheapish car wash.
Clay with a Farecla clay mitt
Polish with t-cut colour fast (controversial this) but I’ve used it before and it’s a great polish. I’ll only use this once a year (actually might use it again come the spring)
Wax with a good wax - I’m finding Collinite 845 to be good and long lasting, but there are lots of others which I’m sure are good.
The white car now looks amazing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom